Monday, June 16, 2008

Angel Ye


One man's foresight and vision saved the entire 2,323 lives in that school. Ye is the principal of a school in Sangzao, Szechuan, China where the recent devastating earthquake literally flattened several cities and caused thousands and thousands dead and homeless. Ye pushed for the school's upgrading works with some US$58,000 (a big deal for a small Chinese city). That act saved the lives of the students where the quake left some 10,000 students and staff dead in other schools. Ye's vision was not just to upgrade the school's premises but the standard of education as a whole. He cared for the well-being of the students and fought for their future. As a result, he saved lives too.
What is your vision in life? Last Sunday, I was reminded again about finishing well in life. The issue is what do I need to do from now to ensure that when I come to the end of my life, I am considered having finished well?

No comments: